I’ve been in Siargao for a few days now, and quite honestly, haven’t seen or done much considering the rainy weather. There were multiple flights from Manila to Siargao that were canceled, and mine was put on hold before they decided to give it a go.
Despite the weather, I’ve still made it a point to wander around and get a few impressions:
1) So many foreigners! Majority of the business owners on the island are foreigners (granted, they have a Filipino business partner).
2) Majority of these foreigners are Spanish, French, and Israelis. I’ve met a bunch who traveled to Siargao before and fell in love with the island that they made it a point to come back and settle here, for good.
3) SO many palm trees!
4) There are a few cafes and hotels with surprisingly mazing WiFi!
5) The menu on the restaurants are all pretty much catered to foreigners.
6) It’s not that cheap
7) This town is chill and so relax
8) There may be a ton of foreigners living on the island, but I like how they mix well with the locals.
9) When it rains, it pours! (currently monsoon season on the island)
10) The tourism on this island will explode in the next 5-10 years. Talking Boracay-like tourism.
Alright, that’s it for now. Complete review coming shortly!